GP Education Day
Registration for the 2021 Australasian Melanoma Virtual Conference is now open. Please read the registration information carefully before beginning the online registration.Register now
General Practitioners are often the first health professionals to detect a patient’s melanoma and play a vital role in the management of the disease.
For optimal patient care, we need to ensure GPs are proficiently skilled to provide accurate and timely diagnoses and are across the latest evidence-driven understanding of management.
This is why we have designed a dedicated GP Education Day for the second day of the conference, and we hope that you will join us.
The GP Education Day includes the following sessions:*
- GP dermoscopy workshop
- Dermoscopy including patterns, colours and how to assess
- Chaos and Clues
- Clues to differentiate naevi from melanoma
- Early melanoma
- Dermoscopy for diagnosis
- New technologies for diagnosis
- Diagnosis and management of primary melanoma in the primary practice setting
- A case-study based panel discussion
- Multidisciplinary care session: Cases that have taught me
- A case-study based panel discussion featuring patients with borderline resectable Stage III disease, brain-predominant disease and acquired resistance
- Diagnosis and staging of melanoma: Staging investigations
- Importance of staging patients (risk calculators)
- Staging in Stage I and II patients (including sentinel node biopsy)
- Lymphatic mapping
- Staging in Stage III patients
- New staging techniques
- Plenary: How can we ensure evidence-based care across Australia? A view from the US
- Presentation followed by a panel discussion
The GP Education Day has been accredited as a CPD Activity (16 points) under the RACGP CPD Program and with ACRRM PDP for 7 Educational Activity hours and 1 Performance Review hour.
GPs are welcome to attend the whole conference. However, if you wish to attend the GP Education Day on the Saturday only, please select the ‘GP Education Day’ rate which will give you access to the Conference on Saturday.
*Please note that the programming, titles and speakers are subject to change.